Friday 12 April 2013

roundhouse woodblock

This winter seems to be never ending! I feel as though we've all been on 'pause' like the buds on the trees and the daffodils in the garden waiting, still waiting, and more waiting to burst into new life, full of a refreshed energy after the hibernation of this long winter...warm weather and sunny skies will return (i think i heard it might even be t-shirt weather this weekend)!

I've spent time this winter creating new work, and experimenting with new ideas. Inspired by my visit to West Wales whilst on a Roundhouse course (led by Tony Wrench www.thatroundhouse.info/) I created this woodblock and lino print. It's very different from my detailed etchings but i love the bold line work you get with this medium. I've printed a limited edition of 30 available to buy.


Enjoy your sunny weekend everyone!