Thursday 13 June 2013

making it round


I've just returned from sunny Wales  after a week of blissful fire circle building at Meriels wonderland. I cooked vegetarian food for all the builders and also when I could got stuck in ...We dug, we scraped, we chisled, sawed and hammered our way to creating the most beautiful fire circle using the techniques and guidance of Tony Wrench. A 5 foot round building with a reciprocal roof, finished with turf...this one wasn't designed for living in but the same priciples apply for the frame, adding a raised floor and straw bales, lime rendered walls..
.o o o it is such a magic thing building with other people, the connections you make, that time outdoors and the enjoyment of seeing and being inside what you have built together...o o o... we had a good fire blessing party the night we finished, it makes me dream I was back there...
i tried to narrow the pictures down, there are so many good ones...taken by Dan Jones and Elena Mila