Tuesday 8 January 2019

Stone People

Winter: All those creative ideas are manifesting in the roots as they reach down into the dark dank earth, soaking up the nutrients ready to rise with the sap in Spring. Although we've passed the Solstice I lose track of time, the dark seems infinite. A holding space, an incubator. My houseboat and studio have metamorphosed into cave like spaces where my mind is wide open to think and question, to draw, to vision, to write 

soaking up some rock wisdom into my bone marrow :)
On Twelfth Night the New Moon marked the beginning of the Lunar year. I met a friend and we went for lunch and a walk to Stanton Drew the nearest Stone Circle to where I live. This got me thinking about a recent deck of cards I was gifted called Sacred Path based on Native American philosophy. I drew the card Power Place. This card is about 
"finding a place of solace to seek at-one-ment with yourself or Great Mystery...When a human being goes to a Power Place, the attention of Mother Earth is directed to that spot, and energy begins to flow to that area because our bodies, like hers, are electromagnetic....Our Earth Mother has energy lines that are equal to the energy meridians in the human body. The Stone People (rocks) are equal to our bones and the soil is equal to our flesh. The waters of the planet are like our blood and weave the tides of our emotions" (Jamie Sams, Sacred Path Cards 1990)
 Rock Medicine is the idea that within the rocks are stored records, every internal thought of a person connecting with the space will be recorded by the rocks, an Earth-Record. The Medicine People go to the Stone People and listen. 
 Stone Circles and Tors are Power Places for thousands of people. 
I've ritualistically visited Trees since I was a child, the Ancient Ones are my Power Place. The Ancients help me put down my roots to the land, and connect me through the Wood Wide Web to where I've journeyed from.   
the pineal eye
 .