Saturday 3 March 2012

possible


I get a little bit nerdy when it comes to polaroids,...Thank you Impossible Project (you're amazing!), they've made it possible to buy polaroid film in shops again including Clock Tower Cameras in Brighton.
could there be anything more delicious in my fridge? (not sure you should put them in there... but must be better than getting them too warm?!)New Polaroids coming soon! You can view recent polaroids i've taken on my flickr page...

In October 2008 The Impossible Project saved the last Polaroid production plant for integral instant film in Enschede (NL) and started to invent and produce totally new instant film materials for traditional Polaroid cameras. In 2010 Impossible saved analog instant photography from extinction...

Since a little kid i've loved polaroid. An instant photo - something real to hold in your hand, a little moment captured, a one-off image never to be repeated, something refreshing in the digital age. My Dad took hundreds of polaroids in the 70's and 80's... arty pictures and family photos. I have memories of the polaroid camera, the noise it makes as you press the button and it ejects the small square image that slowly develops in front of your eyes as if by magic. My Dad used the SX-70 which I've now borrowed forever from him, thanks Pops ;). He has been a massive inspiration to me. He is still an Artist and has been a Tattooist for over 25 years http://jimmacairt.com/, he also designs and makes tattoo machines available to buy.

Here are some of his polaroids taken in the 80's.